Table of Content
From the previous chapter, we have gone through the answers to the following questions:-
- Is there a Creator?
- Is there a Purpose of life?
- Is there an Afterlife?
And I advised you to start your research from Islam and don’t judge it by those who are following it because they might be following the teachings in right way or wrong way. But to evaluate Islam by its revelation that is Al-Qur’an.
In 25th Chapter of this book, “My Journey: In Search of Truth” I have written a summary of my journey explaining how it started, what motivated me and who inspired me. When I started studying Islam, I had many misconceptions about it because of seeing the majority of its followers and their ways. But I stopped learning about Islam from media, followers and started to find the answers to my misconceptions with sincerity and asked guidance only from One True Lord.
So during my journey when I was learning about Islam, I found an amazing book that contained answers to many misconceptions/confusions about Islam.
This chapter is important for everyone no matter which religion he/she follows, and I advise everyone to read this chapter carefully and with sincerity.
Here are some of the questions which that book contained:-
- Polygamy: Why is a man allowed to have more than one wife in Islam? e. why is polygamy allowed in Islam?
- Polyandry: If a man is allowed to have more than one wife, then why does Islam prohibit a woman from having more than one husband?
- Hijab for Women: Why does Islam degrade women by keeping them behind the veil?
- Spread by Sword: How can Islam be called the religion of peace when it was spread by the sword?
- Muslims are Fundamentalists and Terrorists: Why are most of the Muslims fundamentalists and terrorists?
- Eating Non-veg Food: Killing an animal is a ruthless Why then do Muslims consume non- vegetarian food?
- Islamic method of slaughtering appears ruthless: Why do Muslims slaughter the animal in a ruthless manner by torturing it and slowly and painfully killing it?
- Non-Veg food makes Muslims violent: Why does Islam allow Muslims to eat non- vegetarian food, since eating animals could make a person violent and ferocious?
- Muslims worship the Kabba: When Islam is against idol worship why do the Muslims worship, and bow down to the Kaaba in their prayer?
- Non-Muslims not allowed in Makah: Why are non-Muslims not allowed in the Holy cities of Makah and Medina?
- Pork Forbidden: Why is the eating of pork forbidden in Islam?
- Alcohol Forbidden: Why is the consumption of alcohol prohibited in Islam?
- Equality of Witnesses: Why are two witnesses who are women, equivalent to only one witness who is a man?
- Inheritance: Under Islamic law, why is a woman’s share of the inherited wealth only half that of a man?
- Is Qur’an God’s word? : How can you prove that the Qur’an is the word of God?
- Hereafter: How can you prove the existence of the hereafter, e. life after death?
- Why are Muslims divided into sects and different school of thoughts? : When all the Muslim follow one and the same Qur’an then why are there so many sects and different schools of thoughts among Muslims?
- Why follow Islam? : All religions basically teach followers to do good Why should a person only follow Islam? Can he not follow any of the religions?
- Vast Difference between Islam and actual practices of Muslims: If Islam is the best religion, why are many of the Muslims dishonest, unreliable, and involved in activities such as cheating, bribing, dealing in drugs?
- Non-Muslims referred to as Kafirs: Why do Muslims abuse non-Muslims by calling them, Kafirs?
In the end, I would advise you that don’t read the author but read the book, and I hope this book would clear many misconceptions of yours about Islam as it did mine.
Read it here online:
To download this book in PDF form follow these links (If one link doesn’t work try another one):-
Google Drive: – https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-gRh_KCki4OUWFlOUFIMkxuanc